When I wrote about my most visited posts from 2009, I made the following observations:
- People love Mad Men;
- How-to’s are big draws and are evergreen (i.e. they draw traffic for a long time);
- Write about popular topics with your own personal perspective; and
- Sadly, writing about people who have passed away draws traffic.
Below are the most visited posts from 2010. A few specific notes:
- The “What is it about junk” post was linked to from the “Freshly Pressed” opening page of WordPress and traffic went nuts;
- After writing about Emerson Foote, I got an email from a member of his family; and
- People love Scotch, or at least really good ads about Scotch.