Traffic to DontEatTheShrimp.com basically doubled year over year from 2008 to 2009.
There’s a few common threads:
- People love Mad Men;
- How-to’s are big draws and are evergreen (i.e. they draw traffic for a long time);
- Write about popular topics with your own personal perspective; and
- Sadly, writing about people who have passed away draws traffic.
So, with that in mind, below are the ten posts that received the most traffic over the past year.
- It’s Like Elf Yourself, Only Cooler
- Using LinkedIn as a Small Business Owner
- Great Example of a 5 Minute Speech to Inform
- Remember Your Past
- Just Say No To Cute, Inspirational or Funny Email Signatures
- Thank you Mr. Ritchie
- My Top 10 John Hughes Quotes
- Mad Men Coming Back July 27th
- Agency Lessons From Mad Men Episode 306
- The Grateful Dead & the Power of Sharing