Sacramento’s chapter of the Social Media Club is hosting a panel discussion on Government 2.0 and the use of social media in government, Tuesday, 4/21/09,at Wells Fargo, 2804 Gateway Oaks Dr. Sacramento.
The panel includes:
- Rob Quigley – a Sacramento website developer who specializes in creation & management of political, government, and non-profit websites. He currently serves as the New Media Director for Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and has worked on several recent political campaigns as a consultant for Bill Simon and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Rob is on Twitter (http://twitter.com/RobQuigley) and LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/in/robquigley2)
- Bryan Merica- Founded ID Media (www.idmcommunications.com), co-founded Fox and Hounds Daily, (www.foxandhoundsdaily.com), a blog covering business and politics in California and will serve as a “founding professor” for the soon-to-be-launched, National Institute of Politics, an online educational resource for communications and political consultants. Before starting ID Media, he worked as a senior strategist for enterprise software, management consulting and startup technology companies. Merica graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of the Pacific. You can follow him on Twitter or find him at LinkedIn.
- Marilyn Clark – Manager of Online Communications and Services at the California Public Employees’ Retirement System where she oversees web communications strategy and user experience design for all CalPERS web products and services. She is also a member of the Federal Web Managers Council’s Social Media Subcouncil. The Social Media Subcouncil is a group of government web managers at the federal, state, and local levels bringing together social media best practices and other resources for the benefit of government agencies. You can follow her on Twitter or find her on LinkedIn.
- Barbara Z. Haven – works at California’s Department of Technology Services in their Policy and Planning Division. There she contributes to a Web 2.0 working group, a “Green IT” team, web governance, and an intranet redesign. She has a background in web development, user-friendly design, technical communication, and systems programming. She graduated from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor of Arts degree. Even before graduating she started working on computers and spent many years at diverse computer companies. She has three sons who are now attending UC Riverside, UC Davis and Stanford University. You can follow her on Twitter and find her at LinkedIn.
- Kim Mack – A sixth generation Californian born in the state’s capitol and raised in Redding, CA, Kim is the mother of a 25 year old son, Robert Fortune, and married to Vince Mack. Kim and Vince currently live in Sacramento. Upon high school graduation Kim served for three years in the US Army as a military police office in Washington DC and Frankfurt, Germany. She has worked as a police dispatcher, EMT, retail shop manager, campaign manager and now works as a facility manager for the County of Sacramento. Kim worked as a Regional Field Director for the Barack Obama Presidential campaign and functioned as the Executive Chair of Sacramento for Obama, one of the largest grassroots Obama groups in the country. Kim now works in the same capacity for Organizing for America – the grassroots support arm of the Obama Administration. Throughout the Obama experience online tools have been used extensively to organize, fundraise and motivate.
Join the Facebook group for Social Media Club Sacramento at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=56138309399 or follow them on Twitter at twitter.com/smcsac.