I’m debating instituting “Web 2.0 bingo” in this panel and making check marks whenever anyone says ‘social network,’ widget, or Facebook, but I’m afraid that writing all those check marks would take up all my time.
- Datamash – create your own widget. maybe I should make myself one. What should I widgetize?
- eatNation – describe themselves as a ‘facebook for food’ – use the term ‘food chain’ – that’s funny but then again I’m a dork. Market was described as ‘ginormous.’
- Koblo – content creation tools and destination for music – running on Amazon back-end. (complete non-sequitur – wonder how much money Amazon makes on that or are they setting up to be the Exodus of Boom 2.0?
- ReFrameIt – “let people comment in the margin of a site without site owners’ permission” – My initial thought was ‘like Third Voice?” – Not really – Create threads – Doesn’t cover content on the page – Also can be private for internal communications and groups. Could be interesting. Smart advisory board.
- WeMeUs – Build value in the connections you already have. Bonus points for saying “we are not a social network.” Calls themselves a ‘personal salesforce.com” with a meta address book