This afternoon I spoke with the Sacramento Public Relations Association (SPRA) about social media and how it related to PR etc. There was a great turnout. The room was full, I think about 80 people.
Thanks to Kate Taylor and Andy Larson for setting it up, and to Cheryl Brown for the wonderful introduction.
During my presentation, I referenced several sites and pulled information from multiple sources. Here’s where I found some of the information and some of the sites I referenced:
– The Bad Pitch Blog – http://badpitch.blogspot.com/– Timeline for the 30 Minutes News Cycle – Kami Huyse’s Communication Overtones
– Escape Technology Blog – local technology company uses blog to engage with customers
– VSP Blog – local CEO blog from largest eye health company
– 37 Signals – Product blog
– GM Fastlane Blog
– Sun CEO Jonathan Schwartz’s blog
– Marshall Kirkpatrick’s thoughts on contributing to WikiPedia
– RSS Feed readers/tools etc. Blog Lines, Google Reader, BlogPulse